January 30, 2005

Walls comes down.

A call out to people on the blog roll of the Blogging Tories.

I was recently removed from the bog roll due the comedy in my previous post.

Derek,I'm asking you to remove that post immediately as it contains1) a personal
attack2) discrimination based upon sexual orientation/preference Even though you
have the right to your opinion on SSM and homosexuality in general, the post does
not align well with the spirit of the Blogging Tories blogroll.Thanks,Steve


Hey, they have that right but why lie about the reasons. I'd like some feedback as to the validity of that claim.

First, Is it a personal attack ? I thought I was pointing to his non position on same sex marriage and his discrimination towards female bloggers with cat pictures. How is it personal?

Second, how the hell am I in a position to discriminate against anyone based on anything.

It is they who discriminate, first, against female bloggers with cat pictures, by virtue of an actual campaign to point them out for purpose of avoidance. This is in the spirit of Blogging Tories? Sounds like another, " alien kitten- eater oversight". Hope you don't work on the next campaign.

Next, they try to bully me into removing, censor, edit or retract my post. That'll be the day when anyone tells me what I can write, notice the title of the my blog.
Start building walls around peoples blogs and your roll will shrink pretty fast.

I'd like to hear from Blogging Tories, if they agree or disagree, with the decision to have me removed from the roll.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Brock said...

Mr. Richards, I can assure you, that I played no role in your removal from the blogging tories blogroll despite your suspicion to the contrary.

Mr. Taylor did approach me in an e-mail, asking if I would like you to be removed from the blogroll, to which I replied, that it is not my decision to make.

Whether you like it or not, you played a very inappropriate game here. You wrote this post about me, which I believe is most inappropriate, without any clarification that it was meant to be humourous, and you then went out of your way to e-mail a plethora of bloggers to direct them to this post. As a result of this, Stephen Taylor found and read the post on his own, and took offense to it, not under any type of coercion from myself. Not to mention the other five bloggers who e-mailed me to indicate they had found your post and taken offense.

Further, I indicated to Mr. Taylor that if you were gracious enough to remove or ammend your post (to clarify it was satire), that I would consider the matter closed.

Instead of being a gentleman, you chose to lash out, call me a bully and turn something that I intended to be a private conversation between myself and you into a public forum. While we all appreciate the right of free speech in this country, there is also a thing called manners and etiquette. Something you obviously lack.

Put simply sir, had you shown just a tiny bit of grace and clarified (at the very least) that your piece was intended to be satire, we would not be here right now. You have instead chosen to be rude and inappropriately forthwith over the matter, which is why you are finding little sympathy from people.

In media and in the blogosphere, there is a certain code of conduct, that people who want to be respected must adhere to, like it or not. You may refuse to acknowledge it, but you broke that code of conduct, and you were given a fair opportunity to correct yourself. Instead, (as I said in the e-mail) you chose to thumb your nose at me. It's one thing to stand up for injustice. It's another to be downright rude, and then defend your right to be rude. Most people don't have an affinity for rudeness, and I suspect your quest to absolve yourself on that basis will not go far.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Derek Richards said...

Hey Mike,

I'm not looking for sympathy, I want feedback.

I don't need a lecture from you on codes of conduct. You slam female bloggers with cat pictures and that's ok? You plan a campaign to segregate peoples blogs because thay have cat pictures. You think that's funny Mike? What is next on your list, hey Mike, flowers, rainbows, how 'bout unicorns.

I didn't call people to avoid your blog for any reason. Why? 'Cause that is Bullshit and now your trying it with me with your buddy Steve, or is it Stephen?

Whatever, We don't need people like yourself and Steve trying to control content of blogs.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Mike Brock said...

Oh, cut it with the cat picture crap. Most of the positive feedback for that came from female bloggers themselves. That's such a terrible attempt to demonstrate hypocricy that I can barely keep down my lunch.

Secondly, I previously stated, I played no role in "alienating" you. You're really missing the point. You alienated yourself.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Derek Richards said...

I don't feel so alienated. In fact, I'm liberated and I have Mike to thank.

Alright Mike, you win, I'm sorry I offended you.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home